In our quest last year to find our eating plan that works for us, we tried vegan for a few months.
While we settled on a more flex type eating style but keep eating
the foods we love! This is by far our favourite vegan recipe!
1. Pre heat over to 375 F
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
3. Heat 1 large skillet with 1 tsp olive oil
4. Add 2 garlic cloves and cook for 2 minutes
5. Add 8 oz. mushrooms of your choice to skillet until mushrooms are cooked.
6. Add 1 tsp each of: Oregano, Himalayan salt, Pepper and Chilli flakes
7. add 15 Oz white beans (drained and rinsed) to the skillet,
8. add the juice of 1 lemon to pan, cook 2 minutes
9. Add mixture to food processor and blend until smooth
10. add 1/2 cup bread crumbs to processor and mix together
11. place 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp basil into bowl and mix together
12. scoop out and roll meatball mixture into approximately 1-2 " balls
13. roll each meatball in the breadcrumb and spice bowl to coat
14. place on baking sheet and bake 20-30 minutes
We use these on pasta, on their own in 'meatball' wraps... pretty much everywhere!